Raegan Revord, Actress
What’s it like to be only ten years old, and a series regular on a huge hit show? What’s it like to be the mom of a young star? Listen in and you’ll hear from my guests, Raegan and Holly Revord. Raegan is best known for her roles on Young Sheldon, Modern Family, and Grace and Frankie. And Holly is her fabulous mom!
We discuss how Raegan started in the industry, how she stays grounded, some of the challenges they face as a family, surprises along their journey, advice for young actors and their parents, and much more. Join us!
Some of my favorite quotes from this episode:
- “I don’t ever want her to forget the journey. All the ‘no’s’ that she got. It was not easy!”
- “Don’t be what you think they want. Be yourself.”
- “The set really is the best classroom.”
- “If you want it, fight for it.”
- “We have jars that say, ‘save,’ ‘spend,’ and ‘share.’”
- “You can actually invest the Coogan funds.”
- “Have a team that believes in your kid. That’s so important.”
- “I am trying tor raise a good human. I’m not trying to raise a good actor.”
- “There’s enough sunshine at the top for everybody.”
Follow Raegan HERE:
Twitter: OfficialRaeganR (verified)
Instagram: @raeganrevord (verified)
Facebook: @raeganrevord (verified)
Raising a kid is challenging enough without adding the pressures of auditions, working, and potentially even fame to the mix! Sometimes having someone to check in with can be invaluable… especially if you get stuck or are not sure how to proceed in a sticky situation.
I offer consultations with parents of young actors at any stage, from complete beginners to families that have been on this path for a while. Book a 60 or 90 minute consultation with me over Skype or in person in Burbank, and get the help you need to support your kid as they follow their dream of being a professional actor.